Discover New Zealand’s most active cone volcano, White Island, located in the Bay of Plenty. Land on the volcano itself and explore the island up close for an unforgettable day trip.
Whakaari, or White Island, is an active andesite stratovolcano, located off the coast of the North Island, in the Bay of Plenty. It is New Zealand’s most active cone volcano and has been in a near continuous stage of smoking since it was discovered by James Cook in 1769.
Land on the crater complex and experience White Island’s roaring steam vents, bubbling pits of mud, hot volcanic streams and incredible lake of steaming acid.
• Helicopter departure from INFLITE’s Downtown Auckland Heliport located at Mechanics Bay
• Fly exclusively in comfort, safety and style in our modern executive style helicopter
• Departing from INFLITE, Mechanics Bay, take in views of Rangitoto Island and the Hauraki Gulf before heading South East via the Firth of Thames towards the Waihi Gap. Soak in views of the beautiful stretch of East Coast beaches along to Mount Maunganui and Tauranga before tracking off the coast and landing within the living, active geological giant - Whakaari (White Island).
• Once you land at White Island, your pilot will provide you with your safety equipment and a briefing. Enjoy informative commentary from your pilot / guide while walking around this Moon like crater floor.
• After exploring White Island, your pilot will transport you to Whakatane to land for fuel and a relaxation break
• Once refreshed, fly on to one of the many lunch stop options including, secluded beach picnic, Mills Reef Winery, Tauranga Airport Classic Flyers Museum or one of the many luxury central North Island lodges.
• After dining, your pilot will transport you back to INFLITE heliport, Mechanics Bay to complete your day.
(additional charge will apply)
• Add on additional flight time over the pine forests and the spectacular Tarawera Falls, Lake Tarawera and the volcanic rift of Mount Tarawera.
• This experienced can be combined with a 1 way or return overnight package at a number of the luxury lodges in the central North Island or further afield.
• Allow a full day away.
• As with all our tours this flight is subject to passenger weights. Each helicopter has a maximum all up weight and seat weight restriction. Under NZ Civil Aviation law all weights must be supplied and documented upon confirmation.
• It is ESSENTIAL that clients wear closed in footwear, suitable for walking on the crater floor of a live volcano, which can be uneven, hot and caustic ground. Please also take warm layers of clothing, as it may be cold and windy on the island.
• Beverages are not included.
Reservation system powered by evoSuite®